Groups of all kinds will discover there is no end to recreational opportunities at Lake Doniphan. Organized outdoor games and activities will contend with the many distractions provided by the lake. The swimming couldn't be better in our brand new outdoor pool. Take a trail into the woods or sit around a table playing a favorite card game. An 18 hole golf course is adjacent to the grounds. And don't forget the many attractions that are within a 45 minute drive into the greater Kansas City area.
- Swimming: Outdoor Swimming Pool with Wading Pool. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Boating and Fishing: Fishing, Canoeing, Paddle-Boating. Paddles, life jackets provided.
- Hiking: Informal paths for touring our woods and fields.
- Disc Golf: Enjoy our scenic 9-hole disc golf course. Driver, Mid-Range and Putter discs provided.
- Outdoor Activities: Outdoor Volleyball and Basketball Court. Areas for softball, soccer and horseshoes. Some equipment supplied.
- Indoor Recreation Room: Shuffleboard, Ping Pong, Pop-A-Shot.
- Outdoor Fire Sites: End your day around a glowing campfire.
- Golfing: 18-Hole Excelsior Springs Golf Course is next door.
In Excelsior Springs:
- Excelsior Springs 18-hole Golf Course is next door. (Tee times and fees: 816-630-3731)
- Visit Excelsior's antique and collectibles shops, art galleries, and flea markets.
- Tour the Hall of Waters and see the 1930's-style European health spa and the world's longest water bar.
- Visit the restored Elms Resort Hotel where Harry Truman and Al Capone stayed. The Elms also offers spa treatments and services. Make arrangements for a little pampering. (816-630-5500)
- Paradise Playhouse Dinner Theatre – good food, South Seas atmosphere, and great comedies (816-630-3333)
Fifteen minutes away:
- Jesse James Farm and Museum – Authentically preserved home and museum of outlaw Jesse James. (For admission and hours: 816-628-6065)
- Watkins Mill State Park – Thousand Acre Park with 100-acre lake. Site of historic 19th-century Watkins Mill textile factory and homestead. (For admission and hours: 816-296-3357)
Twenty minutes away:
- Liberty Cinema 12 movie theater, Shoal Creek Cinema
- Liberty Shopping: Pier 1, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kohl's, Target, etc.
- Historic Liberty Jail – hourly tours
- Downtown historic Liberty Square: Shops, tearooms, and bookstores
Twenty-five to thirty minutes away:
- Worlds of Fun Theme Park / Oceans of Fun Water Park
- Lexington: Antebellum homes and Civil War historic sites
- Independence: Harry S. Truman Library Museum, Community of Christ Temple
- Union Station/Science City – interactive exhibits, movies, shops, restaurant
- Nelson-Atkins Art Museum and Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art
- Kansas City Zoo
- The Plaza – upscale shopping and restaurants, live jazz on weekends
- Ameristar Casino – restaurants, movies, concerts
- 18th and Vine Jazz Museum and Negro Leagues Baseball Museum